A Church Facebook Page
Creating a Facebook Page for your church is a great way to build community and share news. Many in your congregation are probably already using Facebook, so having a Facebook Page for your church is a good way to build community on-line. Anybody with a Facebook account can create a page.
Displaying Your Page Feed on Your churchuna Site
Facebook already lets you share links form your web site on your Page or personal status Wall, but displaying the latest posts from your Facebook page feed on your web site can be a great way to encourage others to be part of the facebook-life of your church.
We have recently changed the way you can use Facebook with churchuna, greatly simplifying the features available.
Adding a Page Feed to your site can now be done using a new A Facebook Feed Widget you will find in Appearance->Widgets in your site’s dashboard.
Using the Page Feed Widget
1. Visit the Widgets page in Appearance->Widgets.
2. Select and drag the Facebook Page Feed Widget into one of the widget areas available with your chosen theme. (Each theme has different widget-ready areas, so your screen may look a little different).
3. Enter your Facebook App ID and Secret Key.
Now this sounds a bit scary, but in order to use the Facebook feed on your web site you need to create an App on Facebook. You can do this here.
Give the App a name, perhaps the name of your church and a category. Leave the other fields blank.
Then on the next page, you need to enter your email address and make sure you DISABLE sandbox mode.
On this page you also need to grab the App ID and Secret Key values. Copy and paste them into the relevant fields in the widget options panel on churchuna.
4. Now enter your Facebook Page ID in the widget options. This can be found in your page url when you are editing it on Facebook or by using findmyfacebookid. IMPORTANT: The ID is not the same as the name of your page. It should contain only numbers.
5. Save the widget and visit your site. If all goes well you should see the latest posts from your page displayed on your churchuna site.
Don’t forget if you get stuck, you can raise a Support Ticket in your site dashboard and we will be pleased to help.